The pandemic has prompted Galerie de l’UQAM to reinvent its educational practices and develop new methods of distanced mediation. Although sanitary conditions now allow us to resume guided tours in our exhibition spaces, we also wish to maintain the possibility of opting for a virtual tour. This offer is ideal for groups who cannot come to Galerie de l’UQAM due to distance or any other circumstances.
Using photographic and video documentation, our mediators will guide your group through a selection of works chosen for their ability to be enjoyed virtually. This will involve engaging in discussions with your students or participants in order to explore the artistic, social and political resonances of the considered works. These virtual tours can take place on the platform of your choice (Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
These virtual tours can cover:
- the exhibitions presented at Galerie de l’UQAM
- the virtual exhibition Canadian Art as Historical Act
- the series of virtual exhibitions QUADrature (Respiration; Somewhere, Otherwise; Sak vid pa kanpe!; Deep Times)
- the exhibition Françoise Sullivan. The 1970s
- the Collection d’œuvres d’art de l’UQAM
- the Petite Collection: foray into the world of artists’ multiples
- other tours can be developed on request
Our mediators will also introduce your groups more broadly to the phenomenon of virtual exhibitions and to the challenges regarding the digital presentation of works of art – issues that are radically transforming our field in the current context.
Information and reservations
Cultural Mediation Coordinator
514 987-3000 ext. 1424